From March 2010 to May 2012 (fingers crossed) I served as a Community Development Facilitator with the Peace Corps. The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.
Friday, December 17, 2010
And then it snowed!!!
For 5 minutes and didn't stick. BUT hey! It snowed in Fier, Albania!
For the 5th day in a row, electricity was out in the Bashkia. It was also out in my house till 7pm where my only sources of heat are an electric heater and a hot water bottle that can't have hot water till I boil it on my electric stove.
Luckily! I have the most wonderful neighbors who have a propane heater and candles. I was there for 3.5 hours today and was fed lunch. Tomorrow morning, they are taking me to buy a "boombula," (a small gas camp stove) so I can at least boil water when the electricity goes out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's been warm in Tirana lately, though! I cannot imagine having no heat in that weather - blech.
ReplyDeleteP.S., that's not actually Charles, that's Tara :) I guess I'm signed into his account.
ReplyDelete